Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm a rockin' baller...

What a week! You'd think I would have blogged throughout the week with some of the things that have happened, but I've come to realize that this blogging stuff takes some serious time. Here's a brief recap of this past week:

1. Jim's car did not need a new transmission. Some thingamabob had to be replaced and was, thankfully, under warranty.

2. We survived The Great IL Earthquake of 2008. I woke to what I thought was my dog shaking the bed due to a very serious itch behind the ear, only to realize that the entire house was shaking. We scored a 5.2 on the Richter scale and later in the day a 4.5 aftershock. It was all very cool.

3. I learned that the MO Air National Guard is offering a bonus for new military members. For those of you who didn't know (though I doubt random strangers are reading my blog) I was laid off of active duty almost 2 years ago due to overages in my career field. I thought I was completely done with the military stuff but now I'm beginning to wonder. More on that later...

4. I learned that I can kick some major behind at demolition ball . For those of you inexperienced demolition ballers...it involves bumper cars, a lacrosse type thrower/catcher, and a basketball hoop. Since my fore mentioned glasses have created in me a lack of hand-eye coordination, I played defense. I rocked. I got rocked. I got bruised. I was bad-@$#!


Disclaimer: Please ignore the chubby thigh...concentrate your eyes on the battle wounds caused by my very aggressive DEFENSIVE Playing Skills.

No comments: