Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)

It's been a rough year...but our wait was worth it.

I ended up having a second miscarriage in Oct; it was a very early one, but devastating none the less. However, God certainly does work in strange ways. I had a positive pregnancy test Dec 4th as I was getting ready to head to the airport for a business trip. It was a week before my birthday and I was ECSTATIC with my present. Of course, we had apprehensions and it was nerve-racking to be out of town and not able to visit my doctor right away. When I returned they checked my progesterone levels and everything looked good. And then we had our appointment...

Dec 22:
Jim went with me. The doctor's office was behind schedule. We listened to the same Christmas CD at least 3 times in the doctors office and tried to keep each other entertained and calm. A couple walked in with infant twins. As they juggled carseats, bags, children and maneuvered their way through the waiting room, Jim said to me, "Oh, that would suck. Can you imagine? Watch it happen to us because you watch all that Jon and Kate + 8 crap!". And I responded, "Whatever - it's not contagious!". And then we were called back...

The doctor immediately said congrats and prepped us for the ultrasound. He pointed out the baby and the heartbeat. We both started crying to see our little peanut alive and doing well. And then the doctor said, "Let's see something here...here's a second heartbeat! You're having twins!". With which Jim responded to our very Catholic Dr, "Holy @$%!". We were in shock and laughing and shocked and THRILLED.

God has truly blessed us. While he decided that he needed our two angles in heaven, he blessed us with two peanuts to have and hold. I've still been a nervous wreck, but everything has been going well and both babies look healthy.

My belly at ~11 weeks:


My belly at 19 weeks:


No comments: